[Technique] A basic Expertise Skill for close-range combat.
Strong against: Rush
Weak against: Spin, Guard, Counter, Long-range attack
Side-effects: Skill #/up, Damage/up, Incantation time/down
Can be increased up to Class 9.
Requirements to unlock: None.
- Gains expertise through use of Attack skills or by using Textbook (Attack).
This Expertise affects Retaliation by 20%.
|Icon||Name||Rank||Type||Affinity||Action Type||Skill Point||Cost||Description|
|Basic Attack||Default||Active||Weapon-based||Attack||-||-||Normal attack using Close-Range weapons.|
|Strength UP 1||0-5||Passive||Special||Curative||1||-||Passive skill that increases Strength. (Strength +3)|
|Master's Stance||1-0||Switch||Special||Curative||1||-||Attacks hit the enemy's vitals. Increases Critical by 40. Decreases Lng-R by 10, and MP regeneration by 1.|
|Sword Maniac||2-0||Passive||Special||Curative||1||-||Close-Range fighting technique. Passive skill that increases Cls-R ATK. (Cls-R +3)|
|Strength UP 2||2-5||Passive||Special||Curative||1||-||Passive skill that increases Strength. (Strength +3)|
|Strength UP 3||4-5||Passive||Special||Curative||1||-||Passive skill that increases Strength. (Strength +3)|
|Combo Attack||5-0||Active||Weapon-based||Attack||1||-||Weaker than a normal hit, but more chain-able.|
|Strength UP 4||6-5||Passive||Special||Curative||1||-||Passive skill that increases Strength. (Strength +3)|
|Armor Break||7-0||Active||Weapon-based||Attack||1||1% HP||Knock off your enemies' armor with heavy attacks, making your next attack stronger. (Each hit has a chance to land a debuff. Debuff has a chance to decrease target's Blunt, Charge, and/or Slash resistance by 10%)|
|Heavy Attack||8-0||Active||Weapon-based||Attack||1||1% HP||A heavier attack than usual.|
|Strength UP 5||8-5||Passive||Special||Curative||1||-||Passive skill that increases Strength. (Strength +3)|
|Gatling Strike||9-0||Active||Weapon-based||Attack||1||-||Delivers a series of blows that make up for their individual weakness in number.|
Check here for reference data.
How to Train Expertise
- Use a cheap close-range weapon you can purchase from the NPC, Sword of Etude, or Blade of Etude to raise Expertise.
- Ideal training area with quick spawn locations are:
- Slime, Gaki, or Will O'Wisp in the Virtual Battle.
- Lost Hua Po in Suginami. [X15:Y21] or [X16:Y19].
- Kodama in Nakano. [X14:Y19].
- Apsaras in Shinagawa. [X22:Y17] between 6:00 to 18:00.
- High Pixie in Home III COMP Hack 1-A. They use AoE (Area of Effect) healing spells to heal each other and if 1 is defeated, another High Pixie will respawn quickly.
- You'll need 20 ~ 40 Agi and Bufu Stones for the 2nd room if you are alone. The Kodama can be damaged with elemental spells only.
- The COMP hack is a nice private location without anyone interrupting your training.
- Alternately, you can raise the Expertise without killing if you have "Lord of Armor" and any demon with a decent healing spell. Go to Shibuya and find either an Ocypete or Aello. Punch Ocypete to repel Blunt or slash Aello with either Blade of Etude or Sword of Etude to repel Slash. This method is best if un-equip everything except for Expertise gain. Lord of Armor gives the player null knockback therefore you can continuously to hit the bird without being pushed back.
Skills Learned by Reward
|Icon||Name||Type||Affinity||Action Type||Cost||Description||How to Get|
|Bloodsucker||Active||Magic||Attack||-||Restores HP/MP by half of damage done.||Exchange: 100 Masakadus to Gomory in Suginami (See Diaspora page for additional requirements)|
|Techniques:||Attack • Spin • Rush • Shot • Rapid • Guard • Counter • Dodge • Curative Magic • Destruction Magic • Support Magic • Curse Magic • Talk • Threaten • Taunt • Summon|
|Knowledges:||Occultism • Fusion • Demonology • Weapon Knowledge • Survival Techniques • Psychology • Medical Sciences • Crushing Technique • Mineralogy • Biology • Blades • Sketching • Creation • Crafts • Gun Knowledge • Pursuit • Magic Control • Bless|
|Chain Expertise:||Mastery of Three Forms of Life • Synthesis • Magic Fist • Mitama Demon Growth Science • Curse of the Wretched • Enhancement • Support Bullet • Magic Bullet • Sharpshooter • Rampage • Regal Presence • Conditions of Melee Combat • Conditions of Ranged Combat • Conditions of Magic Combat • Swordsmith • Arms Maker • Craftsmanship|